Since I was in high school I have been fascinated with Theatre Arts. For 27 years I have enjoyed teaching the various aspects of Theatre: acting, writing, directing, designing, producing, and more.
I believe that the best Theatre artists are those who never lose sight of their childhood. Young people love to pretend, and they believe the worlds they create. They believe! And that's what good Theatre artists do well, create the illusion that what you see and hear them do is real. The various methods necessary to create the illusion are what we study in our Theatre classes.
The Canvas platform is our virtual classroom. Learning how to navigate through the many areas of Canvas can be challenging for first-timers. Any questions or problems we experience along the way can be solved. Together, we will get there!
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Make sure you are able to access your school email account (scroll down to log in). Your email address is your student ID [email protected]. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate with no dashes or spaces.
SIGNING ON TO CANVAS
* Go to the YELLOW MENU bar to the right on this page.
* Find your class period (Check IC for your schedule).
* Click on the link to your class period.
* To LOG IN use your student ID and password as stated above in BLUE.
* WHEN YOU ARE IN MR. KARLAN'S CANVAS CLASS, GO TO THE HOME PAGE. READ THE HOME PAGE. * THE ZOOM LINK FOR OUR CLASS MEETING IS AT THE TOP OF THE HOME PAGE.
Also, make sure that you and your parents are on the school's Parent Square APP. This communication tool will be vital regarding important information this year, especially communication among teachers, parents, and students.
If you need to contact me, the best ways are email and Parent Square.
My email address is: [email protected]